And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus.

PHILIPPIANS 4:19

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Count Blessings Moment

I know this has NOTHING to do with couponing, saving, any of that.....but
Be grateful for ALL Blessings you have....even the simple everyday routine things....
I need to clean the bathrooms, do laundry, sweep and mop....my normal routine...
I also need to teach my children....
I am SOOOO GRATEFUL to be blessed that I can be home to do all these things...that we have a home for me to clean.....that I am blessed with great children to teach....
I get in "wallowing" moods sometimes.....last night the kids had "Bible Drills" at church....it hit me again how Carol Beth is SOOOOOOO DIFFERENT from others....I got to thinking, again, about how she will probably NEVER "BE" Like everyone else....
It really depressed me to know...she will never "do" prom, never date, never get married, never have children, and even something so simple and "easy" as participating in group activities.....
BUT THEN THE LORD spoke to my heart and told me "yes" she might not do those things....but look at all the things she does do.....She has given me the gift of patience, she has given our whole family the opportunity to learn compassion, she can light up a room when she laughs, she has a talent for art, she LOVES to read....she has gone through a phase of reading Shakespeare!!! She is wonderful with animals...she is willing to help with those routine chores.....She is a TRUE BLESSING...I need that moment with God to remember these things sometimes....
I also need to remember the next time I complain about having to do laundry, or cook a meal, or clean something....how blessed we truly are....there are some people that can't afford any of these "luxuries" in life....the poor people in Haiti...have no house to clean....there are homeless people even here where we are.... I think of this as I get my box to donate for this month together....that tube of toothpaste, stick of deodorant, cans of food, little things we have a "ton" of, can be such a blessing to someone! We will take our box one day next week, Carol Beth will be with me showing me the blessing of her having a "giving heart"....So she is pretty AWESOME!!!
Happy Saving
Stacey

No comments:

Post a Comment