And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus.

PHILIPPIANS 4:19

Monday, February 1, 2010

MENU at our house! Read Fantastic Frugal FEB post if you have not read it yet

Ok, I thought I would post what we are going to be eating this week, to show how stocking up can be a GREAT thing.
As you may have read, we are on a $40.00 FOR THE MONTH budget.
Monday Breakfast oatmeal, Lunch leftovers,
Supper Polish Kraut and Apples I found this in a Taste of Home book my sister gave me Christmas!and corn on the cob (Bird's Eye really cheap or free a few weeks ago) and salad (already had, need to finish off)
POLISH KRAUT AND APPLE RECIPE
1 can of sauerkraut (I had to buy this .83!) DRAIN AND RINSE!!
16 oz. Polish sausage (I had some Hillshire Farms sausage in the freezer)
3 apples (bought last week .69lb)
1/2 c brown sugar
1/2 tsp caraway seeds optional, (I can't believe I actually had some!!!When did I get these and WHY?? The LORD knew!)
1/8 tsp pepper
3/4 c apple juice (Juciy Juice from one of the BOGO sales, we still have a good bit of juice!)
Place 1/2 of sauerkraut in the bottom of slow cooker, then top with cut sausage, apples, brown sugar, caraway seeds, and pepper. Add other 1/2 of sauerkraut. Pour apple juice over the top. Cover and cook on low 4-5 hours. So we had everything for the day except the sauerkraut that I got for .83cents (Bo picked up for me yesterday while he was in town. I didn't make a special trip, that would have not been "cost effective" as we say)

1 comment:

  1. OK the Sausage Kraut thing
    only 1 out of 5 stars
    I was the only one who liked it! I was born in Germany, so anything with KRAUT and Sausage YEAH
    Carol Beth (BLESS HER HEART, she is soooo brutally honest, she has no....tact, I guess would be the word) She smelled it in the crockpot,and asked "WHO FARTED", I told her it was the sauerkraut....Then she asked "Are you going to EAT that" when I told her "YES"...she then proceeded to say,"And they call me the SPECIAL one".....What could I do but bust out laughing! (For those of you that don't know, Carol Beth is autistic and mildly retarted)
    So save your sausage for something else!! and that was .83 cents I guess wasted!
    Thank goodness we had bread and bologna!
    This is what they all ate!

    ReplyDelete