And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus.

PHILIPPIANS 4:19

Monday, February 1, 2010

Apple Dumpling Recipe

Here is an Apple Dumpling Recipe like Mrs. Betty makes, it is absolutly FANTASTIC!
And WE HAVE ALL THE STUFF!!!
Flour for dusting
1 8oz. can crescent rolls (in the frig,NEED to use)
1 Granny Smith apple peeled and wedged (I still have some from last week GALA)
1/2 stick butter (I still have a TON of I Can't Believe from when it was FREE around the holidays)
1/2 c brown sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
3/4 c Mountain Dew (THANK YOU CVS FROM THE OTHER WEEK!!)
Preheat oven 350. unroll rolls on dusted surface. Place apple wedge on the wide edge of each TRIANGLE roll up, place in square baking dish. In a saucepan, melt butter, sugar and cinnamon then stir in Mountain Dew. Pour over dumplings cover with foil and bake 15 min. uncover and bake 15 more min. THIS IS REALLY GOOD
It was also posted on the Southern Savers site, but I got my recipe from Mrs. Betty
I thought this would go with our Kraut and APPLES tonight for supper. STAY with the apple theme, and the apples need to be used!
By the way, the Kraut and Apples are in my slow cooker now, and I have to tell you
WOW!!! It smells sooooooo good! I can't wait till supper!

1 comment:

  1. Ok, if you saw my comment below about the sausage,,,,,then you are probably wondering about this....
    IT IS WONDERFUL!!!!!
    MAKE IT!
    It is really easy! and Absolutly out of this world good. Carol Beth helped make it, she enjoyed rolling the apples up. So let your kids help on this one!

    ReplyDelete